Sunday, February 21, 2016

Prague Baptisms

Here in the Czech Republic we do a LOT of finding, you talk to everyone that you see on trams, metros, buses so that you can have people to teach! This week was filled with a lot of finding! It was fun having a lot of time to talk to lots of new people, and because of that we have a lot of lessons with new individuals set up for next week :) Amanda is still progressing really well, and unfortunately because of a family reunion will not be able to make it to church tomorrow, but came last week and loved it, plus Viktor and Vera were there for the first time, and Vera made a friend in Relief Society. This woman in Relief Society came and told me how wonderful it was to have her there, and thanked us for finding her! I was grateful that we were able to help, and I hope that we can continue to help them on their path to baptism! :) We ended up teaching tithing this week, and they accepted it better than any other investigator I have ever had.  It amazes me how different investigators always have different issues.  For some, the commandments may be easy, but accepting a prophet, no way! Interesting!
 
This week we visited Kutna Hora which is an old city outside of Prague with a famous bone church that holds the bones of 40000 people killed in a fight between Catholics and the Hussite Armies. It was a very interesting experience to say the least, a little creepy, but also really interesting to see bones decorated in the basement of an old kostel. (church)  I have pictures to show what I mean. The man that designed it was a little bit odd, but it was definitely something I would suggest visiting! We also visited another kostel, still in use, in the main city of Kutna Hora which was very pretty!
 
My scripture for this week comes from D&C 3:20
And that the Lamanites might come to the knowledge of their fathers, and that they might know the promises of the Lord, and that they may believe the gospel and rely upon the merits of Jesus Christ, and be glorified through faith in his name, and that through their repentance they might be saved. Amen.
 
 I love how this scripture depicts the purpose behind the Book of Mormon as we come to understand where we came from, and how our parents relied on Christ in their lives, so that we can also learn to rely on Christ and come closer to him. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and how it has helped me to rely on the teachings of Christ in my life.
 
Love you all! Have a great week!


Elder Belshe  

No comments:

Post a Comment