Saturday, September 10, 2016

Transfer Week

So transfers, I’m staying here in Plzen with Elder Croney. And I am honestly super stoked! We get along really well, and he has a lot of strengths in areas that I need to improve in so I am excited to see how this transfer works out for us. 

David has chosen his baptismal date for September the 17th, and will be having his interview, this Friday! We are very excited for him, and he is excited as well. He still has questions that need answering, but most of them are minor and we are expecting to have them resolved before Friday. He was training a new employee this week, so we did not have a lot of lessons with him. But, he is reading, praying, and attending church at a regular pace and is certainly ready for his baptism! :) The ward is really excited for him, and asked him to move his date a little bit further back because a lot more people would be able to be in attendance. He has asked me to baptize him, which is an experience I am very excited for, but even better is that he would like Bishop Kyncl to confirm him a member of the church which will be good for him to begin integrating into the branch. 

This last week we had training, which was Elder Needham’s last training. I was very sad to say goodbye to him, and yes I did cry in case you were all wondering :). But his testimony was stellar and I am very grateful for the influence he has had on me as a missionary since the time I have entered my mission.

Another cool thing, we got to attend the Frieburg Temple Rededication and watch the Cultural Celebration for it because it is the closest temple for our mission! It was such an amazing experience, and I am so grateful that we had the opportunity to be there. It was all in German including the stuff at the end, but was translated into Czech which I then translated into English for Alin who was able to make the trip with us. It was such a happy experience to see someone like him, truly enduring to the end, and I am grateful that I have been able to be a part of it from the beginning. I really felt the spirit strongly, and came to understand the blessing of the temple for these people and how it can be a blessing and place of protection for us. I was mostly super proud of the awesome youth that represented the Czech Republic in the cultural celebration during the song "Press Forward", their special folk song and dance, very cultural for this country. They love their folk songs. Then they also did an act about family home evening. President Pohorelickys son, and his new wife, led it and it was awesome! The rededication of the temple is such a great blessing for these people, and a great experience for us to be a part of.

In other news, we had a great training on how to see that we are successful missionaries. It is interesting to me how much the Lord has blessed us with success here in Plzen with less active work. With a whole family, and two priesthood holders being reactivated in the coming weeks it makes me wonder why the Lord chooses to bless me when there are so many hard working and obedient missionaries, that have not seen the success that I have been blessed to witness. It is good to hear the stories of when we can be rescuers within miles of our own home.  In our mission, it has been a difficult patch in general with not a lot of baptisms. We are hoping, praying, and fasting for a change in the coming weeks. We also talked a lot about the importance of teaching repentance, and baptizing converts. President Pohořelický has emphasized the importance of members and missionaries working together before AND after baptism to keep the people on the path to eternal life. I really have admired and loved his vision of people progressing to eternal life. In most lessons, after a convert’s baptism we like to share these verses with them. 

18 And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have received the Holy Ghost, which witnesses of the Father and the Son, unto the fulfilling of the promise which he hath made, that if ye entered in by the way ye should receive.
19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye 
shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

I am grateful for the faith, and knowledge I have that we all have the chance to live with our Heavenly Father again. I know that as we continue to fellowship these individuals, sustain them with the good word of the Lord, and provide them opportunities to serve others they will have the ability to endure and achieve eternal life. 

Have a great week! Love you all! Remember to lift where you stand! 

Elder Belshe 

No comments:

Post a Comment