Thursday, March 23, 2017

Transfers

Well, this week has been a little bit slower, but a lot of preparation for the upcoming transfer!  During this next transfer, the office couple will be taking over half the responsibilities of the office elders. and the assistants will be taking over the other half. It will be a blast to the past, of the transfers in the office that I had with Elder Terry. I will be in charge of visas again, in addition to assistant responsibilities.

After two weeks of hard work we were finally able to configure a way to add Czech subtitles to the videos that we have been working. They have been a huge success. It was just in time for a big event of ‘Meet the Mormons’ in Hradec Kralove which hopefully will be used as a finding activity for other missionaries throughout the rest of the mission.

On Friday, we had an activity where we introduced ourselves and the state we were from. It was really good, lots of investigators, members, and friends of the members came. We had about 50-55 people in attendance for our presentations. I introduced my state, and then had the pictures of me growing up printed out for a tri fold thing about me personally. I picked my favorites, and then the office elders made boards for us and got everything ready for it. It was really nice! Ha ha! funny story, a member, less active, brought her friend and I got to talking to her for a while, and she was really friendly. It was good all the way up until the point that she told me that she had a "crazy" side and likes to pole dance......and she invited me to her next show. Nice! So that will DEFINITELY be an investigator for the sister missionaries to follow up on. I can say that was a first. So that is my funny story for the week :)..but overall it was good. Another less active family we invited came and loved it, and Michal was there as well. So I consider it a success. People got to learn that Arizona is a lot more than just desert ;)…so it was a good experience!

Also, miracle of the week, we were really stressing because 9 of the 11 new missionaries that were supposed to be coming from the MTC, did NOT receive their travel itineraries in the time that they should have. So we were really stressing and helping President try to rearrange the transfers almost at the last minute, but we had a mission wide prayer that they would receive their travel itineraries and visas, and they came through :)...at the last minute in a speed faster than anything man could ever do, each of the missionaries received their visas and travel information to Provo even though it hadn’t even been in Salt Lake the day before. Miracles do happen, and because of that, I have decided to send a verse today about miracles.

Mormon 9:15-19

"And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles. Behold, are not the things that God hath wrought marvelous in our eyes? Yea, and who can comprehend the marvelous works of God? Who shall say that it was not a miracle that by his word the heaven and the earth should be; and by the power of his word man was created of the dust of the earth; and by the power of his word have miracles been wrought? And who shall say that Jesus Christ did not do many mighty miracles? And there were many mighty miracles wrought by the hands of the apostles. And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles."

I have a testimony that God lives, and that he is the same yesterday, today, and forever. That miracles still exist today and in our everyday lives.

Love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Belshe

Pictures:
1. Office Crew in new suits...just the office elders not Elder Page and I
2. Elder Page and I at Vyšehrad
3. Day 1 of 3 of our zone training cross country road trip
4. An attempt of a zone selfie at the Hradec Kralove zone conference...I’m not in it, but everyone else is.






No comments:

Post a Comment