Monday, June 13, 2016

Jesus Seminar

President McConkie is the best. For all of you other missionaries, I am sure your mission president is awesome, but...he just is the best :) This week we had Mission Leadership Council in Prague, and we ended with a Jesus Seminar. Which means with our mission president, his wife, and the 10 other missionaries in the council we sat all friday afternoon and talked about Jesus. It was awesome! :) Because it was President McConkie's last MLC he was obviously fired up and gave one of the most heartfelt testimonies I think I have ever heard. We studied and talked about the attributes of Christ in his leadership. I have much to learn..that is for sure! But it was a very spiritual meeting and we discussed the importance of using the scriptures, prayers, and personal experiences in helping others, including missionaries come unto Christ. I think it is one of my favorite memories of my mission thus far!

In other news, we had some miracles this week. We have one man that has been coming regularly to English class whose name is David, and after English class he came up to us and asked us if we had a minute to talk to him. I assumed it was an English question and was going to ask him if it could wait till next week, but then I just felt that we needed to talk to him now, so we did, and he told us that he has been searching for a while to find God. Those are musical words to hear for a missionary...so we helped him :) He is doing really well, and has accepted a pretty fast baptism date for the 2nd of July. It will take lots of effort, but he can certainly make that date. We are excited for him! Then there is another man named Mira ,what an amazing man with an amazing story, he is also wanting baptism and is working towards the 9th of July as a baptism date! Our area has seen a lot of growth and a lot of amazing miracles. We are excited for what else the Lord has in store for us.

For my scripture this week, I want to share Mosiah 5:12-13:
12- I say unto you I would that ye should remember to retain the name written always on your hears, that ye are not found on the left hand of God, but that ye hear and know the voice by which ye are called, and also the name by which he shall call you.
13- For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart.

On my mission I have never felt so close to God! I have come to understand his voice, and what he wants from me in my life. I have served him, and in him I have found new life! Missionary work changes lives, and it has changed me! Christ is truly the rock of salvation! Have a great week! :)

Elder Belshe 

No comments:

Post a Comment