Monday, August 29, 2016

Transfer 6.3 – Back and Better than Ever!

This is officially the third mini transfer within the transfer that we have had, so I have named it Transfer 6.3. It has definitely been a wild ride of a transfer for us! Unfortunately, due to health concerns, Elder Breyman had to leave for home. It was a very sad day for us, but with time, he hopes and prays to be back to finish his last 6 months. I spent most of last week riding solo as a Zone Leader as Elder Breyman was in Prague seeing a doctor with the District Leader. Then, I ended up moving to Lochotin. I have been in all three of the Plzen areas this transfer!!! :) My new companion is Elder Croney! I love him! He is a stud! In this area we do not have as many investigators but the investigators from Slovanys area, (the original area with Elder Breyman that is now closed) have continued with me into Lochotin. That includes David, and Lucie for now. David, thankfully has been doing better. His progress has slowed a little bit due to his concerns.  However, due to a spiritual lesson that we have had, it seems as though his concerns have been somewhat resolved! More updates for him to come! :)

The biggest blessing this week was our church attendance!  The downstairs is getting renovated, so we have been spending our time upstairs and it was packed! The Duchkovi as a whole family were able to make it to church, and were talking with a lot of members which is good! They have been able to warm up to them again, and David was there! That was a huge success after the lesson we had this week with him. We feel that at least majority of his concerns are resolved!

My scripture for this week is 1 Corinthians 9:19-20

19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

Something I love that President Pohořelický has been able to provide, is a Czech perspective on missionary work. It has helped our work a lot, and we are excited for what will be coming. Already new ideas and things have been instituted, and we are anxiously awaiting the blessings that come from the new ideas he has provided. But that came from us as servants, knowing those we are serving, their needs and concerns and what will make them happiest. In serving others, the key is always to spiritually identify their needs and then expound the scriptures unto them as Jesus did, as prophets of old have done, and as have all of the world’s greatest missionaries. I am thankful for how I have come to love the Czechs, and see things from their perspective, it has immensely blessed the lives of those we are able to humbly serve. For your neighbors consider how you can come to know them better in order to serve them as Jesus would, and Heavenly Father promises you will blessed with success.

Have a great week!

Elder Belshe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment