Saturday, January 2, 2016

To Prague I Go!

Well life has been VERY interesting, busy, and full of changes in the last couple of weeks for me. So, we had an amazing Christmas in Budejovice where I got to email my family, visit lots of our members and our investigators, Zdenek was so surprised by our visit and absolutely loved it! Then after skyping with the family, I got a call from President McConkie, told me I was going to be an office elder. I was kind of shocked, but what really took me by surprise was that I needed to be there as soon as possible on Monday, December 28. When I got there, I got thrown right in and put to work, but thankfully I had a least a little training beforehand to get me settled in.

I am the Visa Officer, in charge of all the visa work for all the missionaries in the mission. Plus, we manage the same area of a normal missionary companionship. It has been a really crazy change for me, but it has its' benefits as well. I am so grateful that I can be around the McConkies as well as some of the senior couples and to be in Prague. It is truly, absolutely beautiful here! I love it! Most of the work this week has been in the office, since because of the transfer I had to help all the new missionaries get registered with the foreign police department. I remembered my first day in the country four months before that, it was really interesting being in the older missionary's shoes!  

As for the normal missionary work here in Prague, it has been a crazy adjustment for me. Prague is HUGE compared to Ceske Budejovice, but it is equally as wonderful! This week, we had our second lesson with a Young Single Adult named Mia, who is studying here in Prague and was contacted through a Christmas Video. This week we taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she accepted baptism upcoming in Feburary! We are excited for her, she would be a great addition to a branch that needs some YSAs! Prague is the closest thing to a ward here in the Czech Republic. It is almost self sufficient, but the missionaries are still needed, so a lot of the goals for the branch have to do with the last, biggest responsibilites needed to help the branch. Things are great here! I am excited for my first Sunday tomorrow in this ward. 

Thanks for all those that have emailed me the last two weeks! Sorry If I haven't responded, I promise to get caught up in the next two weeks or so :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year! I am very greatful for the new year and the opportunity that I have to start the new year fresh. I have set some new year's resolutions and I am excited for what is coming for me here in the next year!


My scripture comes from 1 Nep.1:20: And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had cast out, and stoned, and slain; and they alsosought his life, that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.  I love the faith of Nephi that allows him to believe in the tender mercies of God, and I am greatful for the tender mercies I have received in my life from my Heavenly Father. As we seek through prayer and actions and find the tender mercies of God in our lives, we will see how truly we have been blessed. Have an awesome week!


Elder Belshe 

No comments:

Post a Comment